Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Dharma Beach Bum at 64, with Prologue



Prologue






It's a traditional
tattooed Navy town







 I'm over in Alameda





 And it's July twenty-eighth
 my birthday 
same day of the year
 as Marcel Duchamp,
Maybe I'll get a crew-cut





Or my very first tattoo



 Considered these options
for like a split-second
and then came to my senses
maybe a escematic stroke,
a trompe l'oeil window
of the mind







Perhaps I'll stay
 with my original design
and wait for the bus
to the beach

















Relaxation was my theme
these image captures 
were incidental









 Rent a kite-board,
keep going






 Just another almost featureless
shallow tide with brilliant sun
and persistent breeze




 .
 I woke from a light nap
and found the gulls had
huddled around me,
they recognize peace





 The marks left by
time and the hand of man






 Just a pleasant 
low-key location




 For the young 
and for the old





 A visual cry




I'll remember you 
great tree 
then eventually I'll will forget





 All summer long
we've stayed quite cool
while a heat dome 
torments the nation





 All along the telegraph
the wind chips away at us







 A day of indeterminate size
having taken shape,
grace indeed came falling







 When I came in 
this was waiting



For the person across the hall
 but not for me,
No diggity mylar anyway





 

 I'm fine with the flag I flew








 Nativity over,
just another day
after all



Everyday Dharma






28 July 2016

No comments: