Monday, August 29, 2016

A Splash in Crab Cove











Summer means fun
and I'm going to get my share




I asked her why she dressed
with twenty pounds of headlines
stapled to his chest



August 1946
World's first bikini bathing suit,
Named after the Atomic bomb
test at Bikini atol
This lovely French girl 
looks like just my type,
She'd be in her nineties today





 Crab Cove Nature Center




 Here and now




 Look where I'm going




Won't you come with?




 The water's not cold



 No boundary is fixed
on the boundless 
bounding sea






 Out on the rocks
a crane cranes his neck
curious about my bipedal
intrusion


 

 Mystery lurks 
underwater






 There's the other way out


but let's stay in a while,
shall we?







 The money shot



 cue music from Jaws


 Something wicked
this way comes


 Eeeyiiii



 Salt water flying
 through sunlight,
essense of summertime


 Where did it go?






The tide recedes
 gulls fish the shoreline








There is one of these gray dears
I'm so very fond of




A dominant white
considers my
unusual presence





Tonight 
as I fall asleep 
weeds undulate
in the deep


A whirlpool
painted old school
crab claws fasten
my pince nez




  A Descent into the Maelstrom










August 2016



No comments: