Monday, May 2, 2016

May Day Weekend Part 2: Rose-gardening
















So lovely a day
in devotion to May



1.
Come into the rose garden



Part the hedge row



People of the garden



Climb the foothills



Find your way
to be there



In a vast rose garden
on the first day of May



Palimino roses
astound



Subtle rolling hillside
perfect for picnic



Tea roses state their case




Shadey breezey stairways
on a sort of hot day




A crown for 
King of the May



Roses,
beautiful,
mystical,
 commonplace





Kral Majales
himself




A silent girl passed by
my staircase picnic spot,
Into the amphitheater



The wind stirred
an elephantine leaf



Revealing 
the flowers beneath





I migrated to a sunny bench
with a modicum of shade





Someone had left there
a mysterious box



Shells, poems,
and a note card inside,
"Take me with you"
I did




All the delight
of a day in the garden
in bloom




Colors call out
to my sensitivity



White roses
march on
like beings




After a lull
a breeze would
utter fragrance




I make my valediction
to begin my slow descent




The uprush
of life force
lifts my spirit with it



Astonished,
by a psychedelic rose




By an on-coming Iris
its rare and splendid hue




One never passes
the same tree
twice



2.
Spring formal




I'm in the mood for 
something fitting
in formal-ware



The gold shoulder,
but I think I wore it
last year




Hmm, pink pin-stripe
with a drape,
 nice but not 
really me





First thought
best thought,
Maybe I'll go with
the red






Automobile-powered,
spinning wheel,
Fairy tale fabulous





Impromptu grace,
Evensong by Byrd and Weekes
Last stop before heaven











1 May 2016

No comments: