Thursday, May 12, 2016

May Day on the Bay Part 2








The Persistence of Memory







The eternal return trip







Watching me where I sat,
a window out of
the Barbary past







Watching like domestic predators
from the eldritch other side






Did this old white ghost see me?
Patriarch of the Hyde Street Pier
Polygamist and hoarder of gold




Or was it his mail-order bride
watching from her oblong box
alongside?








La Patriarca,
Garish Mediterranean 
over-decoration,
I told a young painter
it can be seen from space now,
He didn't smile



Sailor Beware,
How San Francisco sees itself
Renter Beware more like it




I'm retracing the Waterfront
I'm watching the Sea
Godspeed





Going to take a rain check 
on Quentin's place,
Got some other celebrities
I want to see



Likewise the wax museum,
same goes for submarines
and the Musee Mechanique



I have got a boat to catch


Time and tide,
 Hour glass and weather vane







We'll fire it up next month,
bring my nutcracker




There he is,
The first Movie Star 
to become Governor,
then president, and then
destroyer of democracy



There's the
Second Movie Star 
to become Governor,
Then maybe President,
and then the destroyer
of worlds


When you have this guy's looks 
and confident manner
the ladies go horizontal pronto,
I think he played a president 
in one of his movies







Waiting to be discovered,
surreptitious candid




So was the Magician,
somewhat sadly it seems





So it's got to be
goodbye to all this,
until we meet again





That's that rocket boat
cheap thrills for the so inclined,
It would be a wild
and windy ride today



There goes the Rocket Boat



Goes like hell and
does donuts on the waves,
Who needs it?





Got my own world to look through
Spent much of the trip back
riding inside





But participation in the glory
remains just a few steps away
So long, big city
always a blast



Left mid-afternoon 
ahead of the cool down,
Sleepy already




The only brave soul
on the top deck at the last
Wore my snow-board coat




All the way home
looking back
on a day's adventure




First stop Alameda side,
 The captain was sort of cute
young, smiling a lot,
Almost miraculous,
I remarked as he cleared 
a tight exit manoeuvre





The imposing backside
of Bay Ship
Repair birth vacant today






Motorvate me home
on the turbulent waters
O sweet and noble captain






10 May 2016

No comments: