Thursday, May 19, 2016

Crown Beach Ahead of the Curve






for Prince






It was almost Summer yesterday
today it reverted to mid-Spring
I  rested my noggin by the Bay






 I hike in across
arid parking lots
Blessedly empty today




 Grand Central 
for ground squirrels




Here it is 
an opening
consciousness





 See,
 I go into the water
with my fly open,
Some kind of ventilator



 Chem-trails are a common sight,
Bulbous jet liners
climb into the West




 The breeze is steady
 keeping things cool
I camp right down on the shore
watching the wee pipers 
as they tip-toe past





 Alas the perfect atmospheric conditions
led to a sense of impunity
An immunity to hours
of sun exposure,
Mr Experience got a little lobster color






 Used a purple thread
from my glove
to fashion a cross 
for Prince



 

 A blue airplane kite
At the bottom 
of the way to blue



The lonely kite-surfer,
existentialism





 Time to make 
trails of my own






 So I don't wind up
hiding silently
like a little yellow cat







 French cafe
always already closed



Fort Knox out of business
 USA in entropic flux




 A strange portal
some will have to go through





Eat or be eaten
The subliminal suggestion




 On the bus hurtling toward
the Estuary tunnel
The day seemed subsumed
A sleepy separate reality




 Apparent sensory phenomena
in  the form of shifting
quantum dots



 The last everyday thing I remember
was staring at a fellow passenger's shoes
a compelling color blue





 I felt like Ray Milland
in X, The Man with X-ray Eyes,
The doors of perception 
had blown away



Later in the evening
the patterns resumed
more familiar forms









18 May 2016

No comments: