Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Indigenous Mexican Columbus Day







OCTOBER

be a gathering






Come along
Little Faun



Down by the old wigwam





Get your dance ceremony
threads together








Raiments of every stripe
raiments of a thousand storms


 

it's all in the dance





Here the dancers come















I would be like this young man
were I his age 
and join the circle




One dance
all people









 2.
Sunday
I was down the same way
the very next day














  The house that Buddhadharma built






 




 The United States Post Office
 Berkeley California







 Down at Civic Center park



 More festivity
  locally grown
and in season




 A ballroom dance party
South of the border style



 

 Bench with vintage Xmas toys
nothing's odd any more





Fanciful hats 
for women and children






 Recorded music was being played
as a band was setting up




 


I cut a few steps my self
then made for the trail
 I had other fish to fry





 I didn't even get to see
the traditional girls dance






 Sidewalk stencil
designates Jerry Garcia
also locally grown





 Goes to make you proud
Europeans discovered this place







 A nearby knot of cloud
caught my eye




 I leaned out to look
as evening was coming on
like a slow-acting drug




 A day
 a jewel stone





 3.
Hey ho, 
Christopher Columbus 
Day


 

 It was off to Alameda again
From this point
you can see San Francisco
in an envelope of chilly air






 The beach was sun-drenched 
but the breeze pestered one a bit,
 Drowsed in a make-shift shelter
an enormous tree stump




 I'm moving to Alameda
for my retirement
Berkeley sidewalks 
are a war zone





 Pumpkin patch abstract









8, 9, 10 October 2016





No comments: