Thursday, October 6, 2016

Beatnik Halloween I











Everybody knows and has known for a long time
Hallowe'en is the Beat Generation holiday
I remember seeing a neighbor kid dressed
as a beatnik in the late 50s
I've been Beat ever since
In 1978 I was a punk priest




 Subliminal hands
waved me down 
as I approached my train




 Come inside to see
haunted second-hand stuff



 Set this up on someone's doorstep
ring the doorbell and scram
maybe light it on fire first
That will trick-or-treat them






 Costume for a tea-party girl




 I'd rather go to
 the Vampires' 
cocktail party






Quantified aggression 




Tall woman in leggings
with a bag of bananas





A sinister busride
awaits








 Haunted frame shop
on College avenue



 Alongside the sidewalk 
disappearing




 Ancestral portraiture



 Happens every year
giant killer robots
head downtown



 Double reflection
 baffling even to
a double-visioned Flaneur




 Every square foot of pavement
is a type of crypt





Drive-by tunnel vision
in haunted Oakland











October 2016

No comments: