Friday, September 16, 2016

To Neo-Berkeley and Back






 Stopped me in my tracks




The Flaneur responds to full a moon
shedding the snakeskin of Summer
as it starts to get hot





 It was part of a group



 Kind of a tall boast
for little people



Oh, I see now...



 Giant green dog
with a wicked widow's peak
and a garish collar





 Painted chair




Halloween stocking



 

 Candle power 
chandeliers



 

 Earliest Jolly Roger



 

 Psychedelic bassist and composer
his likeness painted
outside the Berkeley school,
where he got high



 Detail of a Robert Frank photo
of a hilltop park in SF
with a reclining negro couple
perhaps a bit annoyed by his intrusion,
This large photocopy was pasted onto 
a sidewalk rubbish bin,
Best I could get and gone now,
I miss the couple





 Vacant lot transformed
a mighty garden today,
I remember an adult cinema here



 Let this proliferate
 everywhere





First morning sun in months
early September, 
a remarkable sight




Another day



At a clinic
deep in the heart
of Berkeley





 The only reader matter
doesn't grab my interest




 Well that's to know
I hate those open-carry clinics





 

Did any one bother
to tell Chuckie?





 Super-predators
stalk the sidewalk






 Snoopy and the
Great Pumpkin,
scary enough for me








September 2016



No comments: