Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Labor of Love I : Exit Through the Thrift Shop


















A cavalcade of Flaneurian images 
from the Peoples' holiday weekend
unplanned and spontaneous 






 When I noticed my own open window
looking back at me
 I knew it was time to go outside
and feed my imagination





 I stopped a moment by this familiar fence
explanation follows elsewhere in this post







Way down
among the sheltering palms
Amtrak thunders past





 Time to investigate this place




 It does radiate that
good old American welcome





 Historical furnishings
good stuff from yard sales



Artifacts from
 Garageland





 Behind the curtains
artist studios and a gallery



Pop Surrealism






 The Heirophant
 from the Black Lagoon





 The Surrealist Mass



A singularity
To scale tall buildings
in a single bound










 Knock, knock:
Who's There?
Albert







Spooky screen
Jock-strap of Turin




Behind other
even more furtive 
screens





 Arrested morphology




 Archaeopteryx
workshop



 Wings of a different sort
Angels in America



 Advanced hotel abstracts






 More niches galleries
up front





Consciousness is a cut-up


 Reflecting on reflections



 I don't want to meet 
up with him
after dusk





 

 New peyotl yodel




 Eye of the storm cloud





 Some girl, some ink
Hope's it's only henna





 Ornate drinking flasks
and the ornate gentlemen
who drained them




 Cut glass spirit decanter,
more on booze bottle art
will follow





 Glad to join the foot traffic
for these shiny people,
Hope they grow roots



 Set designs from Oakland past




In the Port present,
cops on bikes lurk in the shade
Fine with me, better than
usual security stooges




 Blues Cruise 
on the presidential yacht 
Potomac



 Breezy day on the Bay
for party boaters


You can hear the band
 as they set forth 
loudly



 Although I would accept a free ticket,
It wouldn't be under my preferred conditions:
smaller crowd, acoustic or no music



Up up and away they go
Muddy Waters recommends 
Champagne and Reefer,
all around







Way down Second Street
It  looked liked UK SUBS



 At Oakland Metro
Operahouse?
Not bloody likely






 Installation
XO

These planks enclose an unmanned PG&E substation 
In consideration of privacy I shed my empty bandy vessels here,
I wedge the neck in between the planks for stabilty
and am amused to see how long the bottles remain,
I view it as a temporary guerilla art installation,
At first they lasted long enough for several to co-exist
this is when it looks best,
Recently a sort of cat-and-mouse game takes place
they disappear rather quickly





Generally it's the smaller size
But a friend gave me 
the large size bottle
for my birthday,
Even more sculptural





4 September 2016





forthcoming:
Labor of Love II:
Ray Meets a Redhead
in Deep Crab Cove



No comments: