Thursday, September 29, 2016

First Breeze After Heat Wave








 


Wow 
85 degrees and over
what's a temperate cat to do?
slip away to the shore 





 Look who's lurking
by the CATS entrance






 In the mood
for fast food



Get the ball


 get the ball




 Sometimes I wonder if
certain over-burdened types
don't resent my apparent leisure




 No fork-lifting
no lifting fork




 It's my little pals
we saw each other coming in on the bus
 with their unsmiling Mexican babysitter,
they said hello to me




 Running down to Crab Cove
little kids often seem to love old gray RAY
As I veered on my way
one called after, bye,
Bye-bye, have fun



 The heat is unrelieved


 at the beach



Fat ground squirrels
bask in it on 
sun-hot rocks



 The shorebirds
don't seem to mind,
If I take a quick dunk
then join the squirrels




 As soon as I was dry
I was too hot again,
Had to move to a lifeboat
a picnic table in the shade of a tree





 Time passed,
had refreshment,
then a subtle stirring
coming south from the Gate





 A boy climbed up
to feel the first cool breeze

 

 Raises his arms
 instinctually
taking flight



 Sometimes
when you go up high
 

 It's not as easy 
to come back down




It's not Summer anymore
the trees up the street are varicolored 
the sun moves apace




Loveliness
 blows in with the breeze
white egret fishing



 

 A state of universal
compassion for the earth
and all living things



Earth art clocks
they keep turning
and will continue to 
with and without you



Kids investigate the mud
of low tide



 An older boy brings out 
a dog on a leash,
not permitted actually
 with all our delicate birds




 He seems responsible though
and the kids warmly greet the dog,
small celebrations
 I vicariously join in





Wonder and novelty
available 
for all concerned






Time for me to fish
or cut bait,
See you later, Alameda









27 September 2016

No comments: