Monday, June 29, 2015

The Old Neighborhood




Channing Way near Bowditch








Not nostalgia more like memory half-erased




 Kaleidoscopic doors to the past






FREE
 PALESTINE
This has been here longer than I have,
And we're tired of waiting






 Behind this dentist's office on the second floor in back, 
Ray and Lucy dwelt therein from 1980 to 1984,
Visited by many a poet, artist and musician and a few scientists,
And by a few uninvited kooks as well 
I listed the address in my anarcho-surrealist zine,
A guy calling himself Duchamp rang looking for the office





 The Founders Rock indeed




 

 An old time Buddhist church down the street,
I went  inside once, they were very cool,
No one offered to shake my frontal extremity







Oneness in the Nembutsu







Sitar army at the crossroads,
Berkeley is a multicultural dynamo






If you can still find a parking space
for your cyanide pie-mobile









June 2015

No comments: