Monday, June 27, 2016

Quiet Weekend Nice Weather














Saturday and Sunday came and went
rather enjoyably





1.
Saturday
Berkeley

Tim Fuller


Slack key guitar master 
a Hawaiian sublime




 

STAR WARS museum 
to return to California 
to commandeer Treasure Island
Oh boy



 

It's only class warfare
when the low-income 
defend themselves 
from capitalist depredation



 I sail away 
when I get a chance





Sunday 
Oakland




Actually my day began 
with a BART run to Berkeley
My coffee-bean grinder broke-down
I took my beans to the supermarket to grind
 came back home for coffee



Lazed around listening to Pig in a Pen
a bluegrass radio show in honor 
of Ralph Stanley who just passed on
Made dinner, had a nap
Then headed back out
to see what I could see



At solstice time
the light is  lovely
after supper




 Meat packers
should see the light
 


If they have but eyes to see



 Graffitti of light
on an old brick wall



I'm in a fugue 
of late sunshine
The natural world abides






Everything is transformed
by the revolving seasons
the ever-changing light
its spendid reflections






Foreboding entropy
The universe winding down





The Sea-Wolf
Oakland's venerable rescue boat
named for Jack London's cruel captain





I'm up here now
the observation deck



Only ever so lightly brisk
tonight



Enough so
that the outdoor seats
at the wine bar
have no takers




As the day ebbs away



 

To all ships at sea
come and take
the pleasures of the harbor



 A dazzling world
where the sun goes down again





Walk up Washington,
foot traffic cheerful and thin,
Classical radio and hearts of space
an evening's quietude awaits








25-26 June 2016

No comments: