Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Spring's Big Finale







Saturated light







Seasons they go round and round
enlightenment and extinction






Afternoon of the faun



An expansive day of sun and sky




 I have gone gathering 
at the community garden
Ironically located




 Then back to Old Oakland 
for provisions
a nice bottle of XO brandy






Spring is a demiurge
releasing enchanted bees



 Come to Grief?
Um, I have plans that night


 I'm going to stay in 
to wash my hair
and get out the old easel



 The coming of night 
stirs the soul



 Silver graffitti
catches alight



 Down to the Port
my place of revery



 The sky grew
phantasms




Helicopter over me,
Tonight down the estuary
two top sports teams compete
There's a heavy police presence
weighs on the town
anticipating the victory riot
not to be



Ever-changing formations
in the lowering sunlight


 Bike cops showed up too
One said, hello, sir
I said, evening




 This device can't capture
a zone of refracted light,
Discernible here as an oval shape
near the pole,
To my eye as a vivid color spectrum


  Light fades away
ever thus




The last light before Solstice
Reaches the northside of this ship
a floating lighthouse




Kind of a benign mushroom cloud
made itself known




 

 Only the tall buildings
were still in the sun






Until next Spring,
Fare thee well







 Yikes,
 the nearly full moon
rising in the Eastern sky






 The world illuminated
windows of the coroner's office
the tidal moon




A journey to end of every night







19 June 2016

No comments: