Thursday, March 31, 2016

Drive-by Archive



1.
Alcatelegraph



 Semi-urban east bay scene
A burst of living color







 Interstice with trees




 Tattoo emporium
Serving an ever-growing need






An ever-growing need
 for some shade




Out-of-business
The pawn-shop of suspicion
Haunted by old despair






The Smokehouse
on Telegraph Ave
Corner of my old street



2. 
The Piedmont




Playing field on Linda


Schoolyard










Great knobby trees along here
Wisteria coming on





Overarching oaks
I go by here often



Contemporary dad and son




Abode of the succulents




This kid just got off our bus




Bye, kid



Cemetery cul-de-sac
Green hills behind



Columbarium
Repository of human ash




Youth under a tree
evocative shadows
helicopter sky





The Ridge
under construction
former Ghosttown shopping center





The burgeoning green



Fellow was painting 
New melodrama mural




Berkeley playing field 
in my old neighborhood,
Former Iceland at other end



3.. 
The Piedmont Redux




 The Little League

 


 Two baseball games at once






Confident stride
My all-time drive-by favorite shot
I saw the two boys cross Piedmont
Then I lost them
 but tried anyway






 This spooky little one
Twigged the old guy on the bus



 I love to see children run
A vicarious joy







 Looking at the world 
through my windshield




Pleasant Valley Saturday









March 2016

No comments: