Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Groundhog's Day 2016










 

Did I mention it was also
Chinese Year of the Groundhog




The Flaneur had another Groundhog's day 
exactly like every other 
Groundhog's Day,

The Surrealist holiday
 as declared by Franklin Rosemont
in ARSENAL
The Journal of Surrealist Subversion 
The only major national holiday devoid of religion or patriotism
It also bespeaks an atavistic animism many yearn for 
Evoking First Nation wisdom and insight
commonly derided as superstition







 They talked about crystalline visibility
On the radio today,





 I'm taking a marine lunch 
Down to the sunny but brisk portside,
No body's beeswax if I do






 High definition realism, actually,
The wind was something you could endure






Daydreaming





The clouds were palpable, baby




 The four-dimensional view of reality that is




 The parallel universe always there
You must merely set sail
Outside




 Calmness and peace prevail
Alongside the humming beeping
Activity next door at the Port
Like the passing trains
made agreeable by my silicon earplugs



 Unusual angle on the floating lighthouse





No pleasure craft out today,
I found a windless spot
Where I started to get hot
Free-styling in the radiance






February the 2nd
Mild when out of the wind
Mind-mainfesting sun water and clouds





 Down to the crossroads,
But I talk to no devils there




 Patriotic flag-display at the well-funded Coroner's Office,
Reflecting that I avoided the place another year,
I walk on








Time to go inside
Maybe a movie


I saw my shadow


2 February 2016

No comments: