Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Sunday I Go To Church










Cool Roman Catholic insignia





The Flaneur makes with the Sign of the Cross









The secular world presents a distorted view of our Church







 It is a place of solace and salvation,
Arms wide open to all souls






A Heraldry of the Most High









None were more saddened 
Than the faithful themselves


 

 Sculpture centers the healing garden






   Across the estuary
Lies legendary Fairyland






 On this rock I will build my Church








 The course of a life is aleatory,
Subject to the unexpected





 By the top of Lake Merritt,
Imagining a world without cars







 Another Christian church not far away,
An eternal verity





 Into the lacuna 
An inquiry into the mystery of life






When I return to my chamber
I perceive myself closer to heaven











3-5 August 2015

No comments: