Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Scuttled






Indigo mermaid









Stir-crazy and in search of adventure, 
the Flaneur set out one mid-day 
to see about a cruise on the Bay




 Local girls used to waiting for thundering trains to pass by
The image capture device makes it look like the trains are stopped
Trust me, they are moving







Not a big turn-out for the ferry,
As I devoured my cannabis cookie,
I kept hoping for the sky to be half-empty






 If anything it got colder and breezier,
A really feisty marine layer coming this way,
There goes the ferry without me






 But hey, the show must go on,
I had my cookie and I'm high
I'll utilize the aesthetic attenuation
Closer to home






 A little overcast and wind and the place is deserted,
This guy left the snake to guard
His private garden of eden







 It's still summertime,
And I'm color-enhanced





 

 No reason not to learn a little
Even on vacation, or in my case
The Permanent Vacation Club
(I co-founded a chapter with Jan Kerouac years ago)







How would you like to spend a winter in Alaska 
In something like Jack London's old log cabin?






 Inside it was a little raw, I suppose,
Survival at its most uncooked








 Forty-eight star flag 
Hanging out in front of Heinold's 
First and Last Chance Saloon





 It's the real deal
If perhaps a little over-historicized




 A mutual admiration society, really
"Tales of the Fish Patrol,"
On my reading list




 National Register of Historical Places,
Well, I'll be,
John Barleycorn must die






 The sky of blue
Seemed to squint 
and then was gone







 This prehistoric cold-wave
Is headed for Concord, over the hills,
Usually they swelter while we have sweater weather





 

 What they call a steady sea breese








And then the sky parts over the Bay,
I've shot my shot, so here I'll stay
Here's comes the next ferry,
A speed boat alongside







 There's that speed demon,
Probably just wants to get in out of the wind







 I had lunch at a relatively wind-free table
Up near the mock lighthouse






 Can you tell what country this is in?







Bay shorelines and waterways,
Uterus, ovaries, and fallopian tubes
The whole kit and kaboodle





    Time for this one to hit the road





 In Oakland bobble-heads are big





 Sometimes an expression of  paranoid-schitzophrenia,
Maybe kind of an affectation







 This is the primordial produce district,
Somewhat run-down in patches






 Sometimes re-puposed






 Still serving in many cases a time-honored purpose,
I love avocados and mushrooms







 A B-B-Que with nan R & B ambiance






 I'm always good,
I enjoy my time no matter where,
Deepen the dig, that's my advice







 I don't get to see the night lights of San Francisco,
Not going anywhere too soon
Not until we're all under the water again








The clouds lingered around
Growing bright and dragonlike
At the closing of the day
















10 August 2015

No comments: