Thursday, July 2, 2015

Summer Nightwalking





Round and round and round we go



You know the scenario,
 The Flaneur sets out on the streets after nine 
To see what mysteries they hold 
In the late-arriving darkness of early Summer





 To ward off those in the thug-life
I let Tupac be my spirit guide




On a night formidable
yet not forbidding




Emergency measures are close at hand





 Behind this fence,
Battalions of police vehicles,
An off-duty cop stopped his car,
To ask me if I was looking for something





 Synesthesia down by the cinemas,
The crossing lights were clanging





A long, long freight train
Comes into focus




 It owns the tracks



 Pedestrain walkways are swell,
Mais, non pour un flaneur







 A well-regarded jazz club and Japanese restaurant,
Beside the tracks




 Portside,
Called on the carpet,
Sometimes the bear eats you





 A gloriously mild night




Planets aplenty tonight
 Some so bright that they may be seen
Through the non-stop light pollution





 Shorebirds fish and fly at night,
I am one




Enticing night for a dip






 Seafood semiotics




 These are a few of our favorite things,
Sports chauvinism and booze



The booze bottles transform
Into clown alley





Just like the gold version
On display in the lobby of the State Capitol








Monster Drop, Monster Drop,
Monster gonna drop on you







Some may regard me as lost at sea
But I feel like I'm in on the big score







29 June 2015

No comments: