Sunday, July 5, 2015

Old Fashioned Independence Day




Fourth of July in Alameda





At ten in the morning,
Some people love a parade,
I love a bidet








Alameda is all about it






 Bunting is a must




 


It's an all-American kind of town





 Due to the parade earlier today
The center of town was a no-fly zone,
I was dropped off further into neighborhood streets




 Distinctively decorated house
With a glimpse of the ubiquitous 
Sidewalk-driveway cook-outs





 So quiet and old-fashioned a patriotic holiday
It's as if I found a portal to the simpler past




I'm no spoilsport--
I rather dig it

  

 Uplifting nationalistic kitsch,
Does what it is supposed to do




 God bless our home



 Kooky old barns got charm



 Heading by instinct toward the beach,
Thwarted by the fences of a private lagoon



 But I'm at last down with my people



 Even chatted up this Adonis,
Then  I realized he spoke Russian,
And a beautiful babe ran up to embrace him




 The answer my friends,
Blowing in the wind






 Let's dig Crab Cove





 The fish are being their ususual
Mysterious selves



 Sometimes it's almost like they have the blues





 It's OK to fish
Cause they don't have any feelings








 Just in time for the buses to be running again







 Alameda is as America as it gets















 A last salute to Alameda





 

 As All-American as fake ice cream




 2.
Oakland July Forth Weekend














4-5 July 2015

No comments: