Saturday, April 23, 2016

The Story of O







Paradox





Random recent rambling
around town


1.
Uptown/Downtown




Feel like I did as I child,
Old folks and cannabis 
a new mural









 Shortly after 4:20 PM
20 April 2016







 Man with dyed hair 
and pink flamingo shirt


 

 Civilization loomed
over us all

 

 I saw Mephistopheles 
in the clouds
 .






The new chihuahua,
Then they get tired of them
and its like Dachaund
all over again






2.
Ye Olde Oklande


 


 A moment's bright respite
in the oldest part of town








I'll take a magnum of
Mysterium




Meet me at
endgame





 Abhorrent ancients persist
in popular mythology
as harmless cartoons




 An undergarment
It's called a banana hammock,
sort of a cod piece to stay warm
and enhance one's profile





 Goes well with this
battered Bat bike,
Two people mount it
to hurl through traffic




At sundown
 the sky got crowded








 3.
The peoples' shard garden



Thursday was a portentous day,
At 10AM I heard on the radio
The body of an adult male
was removed from Paisley Park

At 11AM the radio said
 Prince had been found dead





I love to sit
 in a vegetable garden,
Note US and MacDonald's flags 
in the ironic distance






Rainbow shard in bed
Health is life



It's a place I like to be






But I don't salute 
any flag






Last week I said to myself
It's the type of place
where abandoned gas stations
stay abandoned


Then this week,
gone








4.
Earth Day
Lakeside park



You wouldn't say
uncloudy day



Roses play ring






Around the bandstand




After it rains





The quiet crows in the oaks
don't seem to mind




I join them in solidarity
in the enchanted trees,
in the fairy tunnel underneath




The flowering oaks
in Springtime,
Our emblematic tree






 The clouds were magnificent




 They spoke to me





Time comes to move on
nevertheless





I took the first exit
home






 A day's vastness
culminating in cumulus clouds,
hard to keep inside






 Gold threshold in purple clouds,

for Prince





 

None of you
stand so tall,
Pink moon
gonna get you all
 Pink, pink, pink, pink, pink,
Pink moon


April 2016

No comments: