Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Lost Weekend Found






Laughing skull
urging me on







The Flaneur opens his lids 
for you to see where he's been




1.
Friday evening



Lettrist Cul-de-sac







 The sky as beautiful
a morbid Japanese myth






 I hope I die before 
I get terminally hip






I'm out tonight
 No one home
I can tell





 Haunted by a neon sign 
A closed-up Catholic church




 Welcome here






 

Swimming in an ocean
of calamine lotion






 Some remark to me 
that the streets are risky
after dark





 I can speak for only one
Midnight rambler






 Great tiles
Business came and went






 2. 
Saturday afternoon



Smoking skeleton
let it be zeitgeist





Automobiles are a form
of quantified aggression




Interesting





Dayglo Abortions...
I'm too old for
that kind of stuff now






Action sidewalk
sunshine daydream





I would like to reclaim this building
for a psychedelic shack,
Industrial strengthy





Scene from a short play
by Samuel Beckett





Cafe composite






Roundhouse roundabout





My frequent
Port of call




Red sail in daytime
Forever isn't forever anymore






Lonesome as a dove




 3.
Fourth Sunday,
Tilden Park



What's this? what's this?
Now the crowd will
breathe down at all
who occupy fewer seats




Oh so they don't plan
to ease the over-crowding 
anytime soon,
More room for bikes



Older Mexican in Sunday finery
Forgot to check his hat
for cobwebs






Long slow wait 
for the the uphill bus






To Tilden
In splendid Spring



Water pours through the creek beds
Frisson of rocks and cold




The articial pond
named lake Anza
 in its abundance



Plenty of folks
ready to take a splash in it



Friends find a peaceful spot
As the green lingers 
on the sunniest hillsides




I made a fine friend myself
to share the trail today,
California native
with a Kerouac tattoo




Peaceful walks
 and humorous talk,
Available grace





Sleepy deadhead home
on a subterranean BART train,
all of us ultimately
alone









15-17 April 2016

No comments: