Friday, April 8, 2016

Floating Toward a Penultimate Bayshore







A fluke day of hot sun temperatures
no ambition but a splash on the edge





1.
Morning embarkment



I shan't be long at sea, my dear




 Watch the mistress, Lionel





 Sunny and clear
warm already,
New mural in a finished state




Turbulence left behind






 Little guys like to pose
 with their stuffed toys






 Jewel like clarity today



 Oh great,
 who clued Homeland Security?





 They must have noticed
when I swiped my clipper 
Oaklandside




 2.
Windows on the Wharf


 Oysters revitalize my world



 A blessed moment here,
 Optimal weather
and scant tourists




Buoyant 
to the point of exhilarating
 all around





 3.

 The beach is mine



 One big smile
Earthy and marine





 Standing out in the frigid bay
I feel a bit free




 The Egret


Look who showed up,
mid-day on the public beach


His realm for another few months
June brings too many people 



I hope that the egret will
 forgive my brief annoyance,
And that you will indulge me
in the following sequence

















 I've gone to seed 
Gone to the birds
Taking a break in the shade




 Can you believe it?
I fell asleep





 5.
Indoors Outdoors
Fine Distinction 



 Though I exhibit here
my visions of the quotidian world,
I am in fact a full-time Surrealist







 Groovisimus,
draw me in
I'm hooked




 Naps that take place
in paintings of old ships





 

 The Imagination
 Remnant of rudder and bow





 The old sailor's chest,
An inward life
in the ultimate outside






 The ocean of the oneiric
Always ready to overwhelm




 The lifeboat, the whaler, the skiff
Away, away,away




The smiling fish
Timeless archetype
of a sea-food dinner





 In decorative tile
Centrifugal force of the sea





 Here at the edge of the world





 6.
Appropriated Lanterns




 The eye
 and its extensions



 Invitation au Voyage




 Young people don't even remember 
how it used to be




 Sometimes the meta-narrative
breaks down
And I recall it's all
a movie





 7.
Circling the earth



Louie, Louie 
Me got to go





 I left my lock in San Francisco




 Like the back of an alligator
We trail off
A journey to the East bay





 The bridge stands in the current,
Theoretical fixity




The two bridges
bridged by the clouds
of a Pacific afternoon





 Ships of the Port
Ever in transit




 A field of gulls
A slow boat from China,
we draw near





 Party people aboard the boat
The bar is busy on this run






Landing in Oakland,
same old, same old















6 April 2016

No comments: