Monday, April 4, 2016

In the Vicinity of Yesterday




Feet on the ground
head in the clouds






The Flaneur takes a nostalgic Sunday Stroll




Pardon my bullshit



They built the Old Oakland sidewalk around
A Mysterious Druidic stone,
weird





Easter in Italy
In my mind




New girl in the neighborhood




It's a mystical location really





Post-modern,
 down-to-earth,
Awakened








Well-read as well




A public-service bookstore
In this quaint old building



Intellectual anchor
 for the neighborhood




I'm beyond the bookstore,
Wonder if I could rock a Franklin hat,
Scary white people T-shirt




New mural in progress





Young artists
Got to know.
Art is a muscular gesture


Sure got a long way to go,
And a helpmeet 
to share the burden




A new Superman meets Batman movie





Lined up for it




Sunday afternoon 
at the Port of Oakland



Pleasure boats 
spend most of time
Tied up somewhere



Just enough breeze
To give the water goosebumps




Behind every curtain
a banquet
Magical Mystery meat




Nautical Dad
and two sons





See you later.
I'm riding the elevator up




Sardines, cheese sandwich 
and a wee jar of brandy,
Jack Herer and Butter OG
make the smoke




The clouds told tales




Quite high I confess,
On my way back
to sea level




But you know
I walk quiet streets
I'm not riding a bike,






Or amotor-scooter
Tanked up on high caffiene
Blue bottle coffee




Nice as that may be




We'll never forget 
BIMBO'S
PEPPER KITTY
How can we?




A previous blog documented 
a disreputable police bar here
Now gone for good



Did unspeakable sadistic practices 
Occur in this creepy attic?
We  may never know



The old nut-tightener





Corrugated iron doors
have come down




Dead fingers talk
Gloves make sure
they don't





Not me
I got the key
to the highway
























Full circle
Home is where
The hat flips







Time to resume
my secret identity






 I'm parked near here
I think






3 April 2016

No comments: