Saturday, May 16, 2015

Gridmap Window on Berkeley











Through the eyes of a twenty-first century wanderer
 see what the place looks like today








 When I see a wall of glass bricks,
I ask what's behind it?







 A grid-map window on the Berkeley
Brisk days in May





 "Berkeley, Berkeley"
As I say when I pull in on the BART train
La Bas



Don't look so grim
It's Grand Guignol for kids,
Not to be so scared of the boogie man







 
 Desolation row sidewalk alongside 
The hedonic spectacle,
Business as usual, in other words
For the time being









 Here's how it used to look
(as seen from the soul-challenged coffee shop)





 And here's what they have in store for us,
Hive housing for go-getters and their automobiles








But while you're here
Don't forget to smile,
There's an herbal remedy for whatever ails you









 Outside this place I meditate
 It's now the Dharma college,
I catch a light in the dorje doorway







 Back to the Library for some serious study
Of the dark ages
Of the enlightenment to come







Fear not your fellow man,
Look fate in the eye,
And take a nap when you can











14-16 May 2015

No comments: