Thursday, September 10, 2015

Long Long Way to September









Basic geophysical aspects of a trip across the San Francisco bay



1.
The bio-mechanical sound of gulls



Inching about the globe




Guess where the Flaneur is going




To San Francisco by the water




It's been so hot landward of here
The air is pleasantly warm even mid-bay






Hey that's synchronistic,
I stopped and bought a large ice cold bottle 
Before I caught the ferry








Heading round the waterfront
Toward the end of Summer







Toward the timeless time 
Outdoors under the sheltering sky






Able-bodied sea man
Riding the Bay






Maritime park is quite temperate
After the glimpse of uban-oven Oakland I had today






I found a charming peaceful spot in the shade
Had my lunch with a still chilled Heineken
I stopped to hold it in the surf a while to be sure






Ah, all the weight of the world,
Seems a bit more buoyant from this vantage






A couple came and sat nearby,
One could not help but be impressed by their eye-contact,
Their earnest intent at mutual communication






I was content thanks to my fresh silicon ear-plugs,
Fascinated by the splash down of diving birds





The tone of their palaver began to slightly annoy
Even if I was spared the details of whatever was driving it:
They slept together but Mr Sexy wants to keep open,
Or how dreams need to be set aside to pay the rent,
Whatever, the melodrama of the mundane






I shoved off,
onward





Fishing and recreation squandered





Is this what is to become of the Berkeley pier?






A ghostly place 
white-washed in guano?




A tale of two piers
The active municipal pier busy with hikers,
Sight-seers and bikers,
The other barred and moribund





Escape from Alcatraz,
Leave it for the First Nations,
Abandon it for the bird-men to reclaim





The fissures of time





Here I've come,
The cool breeze starts at 5:15





 I fell asleep for an hour or so,
When you wake up outside
You doubt whether you actually slept,
The changing light says otherwise





 The sun tucks itself into bed






 Lamp-like boat gallery,
Turned-on






 Pelican is totemic animal of this day




 Eyes turn toward shore dinner and drinks







 Now that's class





 No so classy that you can't leave your straw cowboy hat on







 It grows late,
it grows late





 2.
The mechanical sound of laughter



 

 Someone is always glad to see me





 

A place where a lot of people leave their heart









A little early for my boat
 and it's actually getting cool out,
There's a warm spot that's always open
The expressionistic noir fun house:
Musee Mechanique







You know I am, baby








 It's fun to pretend to shoot and shoot people,
Not that anyone really would ever want to actually do that








 I'm ready for the fourth dimension




 If I ever did see one





 Thought about diving in today,
Lucky for me the atmosphere cooled off first





 Them damn monkeys, 
They play OK though












 This is the point at which I quit this stage







The sentimental fastening of pointless locks,
An invasive species of behavior imported from Paris






 Squadrons of pelicans
Pointillate every seascap, every sky




 Radiant sunset of a warm day in late summer





 San Francisco loves you too,
Well, sort of,
Really time to depart this wharfish scene







Out into the darkness
A mild night on the Bay





1915-2015







9 September 2015

No comments: