Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Seldom a Day at the Beach












Restarted my heart
at St Albert's chapel
not there for six months
I've been a little less well
this year
Went with pal Chester
then we smoked ourselves out
and had burritos on spinach tortillas
Afterward
through the late sun
past the flower gardens
We walked his neighbor's dog



Deciding what to do today
I read a post online
shared by Richard Lloyd
the phenomenal guitarist
from CBGB's Television

The post referred to a study
of how generally therapeutic
a visit to the beach is
The sights, motion
sounds and fragrance
The openness creates
a healing state in one's brain
called "blue space"



Plenty available to those
fortunate enough to have pads
with a dog and a view
of  San Francisco and the Bay

"I'm your zen"
what does that even mean?




 Here we be
the whole place
to ourselves





No kites launched today
despite a steady breeze
Just kites which are raptors
white slender dazzling
in frolic and flight
over the Bayshore


The distant city pales
long past the Point



Copious blue space
available here



Atmosphere
animal vegetable and mineral

 The imaginary city
reputed to be San Francisco





Hello cowgirl in the sand






 Suggested
 in driftwood profiles





Actually seen in this new shop
Which regrettably replaced
the venerable longstanding
musical instrument store


Now I know what they mean
You my zen


Even the clouds
had antlers it seemed

Then I journeyed home
unlimited blue space
all around my brain

 
 
10 May 2018
 
 
 



No comments: