Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Five Days into May
























Days ending in miraculous May
After a period of intransigence from
the old-fangled smart phone cam
The Flaneur finally freed up memory
to capture new experiences
the illusion of images



April the 28th
April exits
in turbulent clouds
and chilly air


Spring is struggle
between cold and heat


Between darkness and light

Full moon onset
a strong sense of
transition




April the 29th
Abroad on a Sunday




Poppy Riot
Oregon street Berkeley

Milder temperatures
and receding cold front

After dinner
instinct led me down to the water
violet elliptical clouds hovered
UFO-like over the train tracks
A great highway of seagulls
extended over the Port
Many landed on the great cranes
before continuing across the Estuary
to Alameda island
I turned to my left
in the east there rose the pink
pink pink moon
full and laden as the Spring




An illusory realm
holds me in demi-sleep
yet imagining
that I'm still awake



 At last one acts one's age
and has to admit that it's
past one's bedtime




April the 30th
The coming of
Walpurgisnacht







An appointment
in Berkeley Babylon

I'm early
and the sun is out
so I delay submitting to
a waiting room indoors



And find a sunny place instead



A madly painted bench
over the BART tracks
where the train goes underground
entering Berkeley



Third Rail warning

The Lorin district
lately burdened
by a tent encampment
leading to a severe punitive fence
as more public access green grass
is walled away






Berkeley is a wealthy city
but it lets public facilities
decline in the poor side of town

 

LOVE
LIVE





and Trudge





Count every blessings
smile and say hello
to passersby

Stay happy and holy
there's a train a-coming





All aboard




Next stop
Paris




 Live inside a crush groove



without getting crushed


Take this exemplary cat
festooned for his 
Walpurgisnacht
excitements


Do thy own thing
and you'll be king



May the First
all is glowing
all is splendid


Spring is a rose

A classroom
of kids marching
on College avenue
all connected by
 a colorful ribbon







I jumped off a bus
into their joyful midst
outdoors on May Day


My next adventure
awaits me


The symbolistic
Morcam Rose Garden


My new May Day cannabis
OG Butter hybrid blended with
superlative Cherry AK Sativa
enable me to forget
an aching leg to climb
 to the upper plateau















Follow me concentrically
down the primrose paths





A tranquil microcosm
perfect for a rest
on a very busy May Day


A real place you can go
where everything grows


4.
May the Second
Giant Flag Day


Not for the first time
do I open my eyes
and open my blinds
to discover a gargantuan flag
has pulled up while I slept



Under it passes a silent parade
 police of every stripe
and the families
Remembering the lads of the badge
who have fallen


Cheers then
off you pop





2018






No comments: