Monday, May 14, 2018

Mothers Day/Project XO/The Ascension






 



Mothers Day
Project XO






Appliqued
with a Mama Bear
hugging California

 
Got to slide past now




 
Another brush with mortality
Midnight Friday
Had to vomit myself
a rare occurrence
Felt like I'd been poisoned
and my heart rattled all night
Still fibrillated days later


 
Opera House
is diversifying



 
An older African American
was looking at the posters
as I snapped
I remarked,
Imagine if they
were your kids
 
 
I think he said
he wouldn't mind it
if they did
 

 
In Portugal
it's Peixoto Day
Big Fish Day
 


 
Perversely
Patriarchal Romania
converted this
 to Fathers Day
 
 
 
 
2
The Ascension of Our Lord

 
Somehow Jesus got flipped
 
Really the significance of this day
I found myself at a Spanish Mass
at the Cathedral
 
Communion
enfolded me in
His Ascension
 
 
After Mass
all the Mothers were given
a beautiful rose

It was touching

 
You could feel their joy
 
 
 
Hey El Trumpo!
These people are holy
and you are the criminal
 and the rapist




 
They were still
dispensing roses
as I shuffled off
to the elevator




 
Christ is my strength
in my darkest hours
 
 
 
I came home
continuing my recovery
and listened to a cheerful lion
 
 
 
 
13 May 2018
 
 
 





No comments: