Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Immemorial Memorial Day, Part 1






 
Port of Oakland
Ferry Landing
some enchanted evening
Warm out after dinner
hooray!
 

 
I've had some potent
 cookie confection
and I'm awake in wonder

 
Set the twilight reeling

 
The private security creeps
now close this gate
to a sunset respite place
long-enjoyed by all
of a summer evening
 
 

 
So I take an elevator
to the reverse-view windows
the Port building view deck



 
It finally occurred
the nuisance
thieves stole the plaque from
the Japanese peace rock


 
Peaceful and content
nice up here tonight



 
Waters roil evocatively
in the passing of a large boat

 
Splendor of the sunset
the purple violet pink Bay
Twin Peaks tower
towers in the remote




 Really a nice evening
I miss the pre-crowd season for
 San Francisco Ferry excursions


Looking down on the wine bar
balloons in motion out front


A guy appears
unaware he's observed


Walking his curious dog

 
Shuffling off together





A glorious evening
so happy to out
under the open skies


 
San Francisco peeking out
it calls to me
I let it go to voice mail
 

 
A lot of tough guys
out on a warm
 Saturday night
 
 
26 May 2018
 
 
 

No comments: