Friday, January 12, 2018

Newsworthy Days



Solstice



Paint it black,
you devil




I never know
what I'll see when
 I draw the blinds
as early as nine

Steam-cleaning
in the windy morning sunlight
quite a sight to see



I give the guy
a lot of credit
for being rather
fearless





Walking on the edge
while wielding
a powerful steam blast



The far side is white
and it is finished



All sparkling white now
makes my window
shine on brightly




I noticed a unusual light
in my peripheral vision
a window between building
only sunlit on Solstice


At first I thought
it was a brain flash
in the half-lit hallway



It was
but it was not
 epiphenomenal






And only at Solstice
does the setting sunlight
reach the courtyard by the jail





The world is assembled
by the mutual consent
of vibrating strings



21 December 2018















No comments: