Saturday, January 6, 2018

New Year's Eve Weekend











A soft parade
ghosts of auld langs syne
Sweet meats and spicy
victuals
Spirits and figments
of Yuletude imaginings

Saturday
a Visit to
Mountain View
Cemetery




So lovely
so lonely
when the air is crisp







Really a glorious landscape
more celebratory
than mournful
in the eyes of many
who come here








Pseudo-psychedelic
dyed flowers
To decorate
the gaping void




Nothing more
color expansive
than a leaf






Strange sad things
a child's grave
decked with toys
for Xmas






Timeless things
a winter stronghold
for a murder of crows


Xmas cheer
for 95 year old grandma
filing cabinet drawer
of cremains







Red and green
predominate in
Thanatopolis









How fair and green
goes the rainy scene
a pleasure to be here




My soul's recurrent 
psychedelia








Maybe some day we'll rise
up from the tomb






Abandon
this artificial paradise
and go home



30 January 2017






Actual New Year's Eve
afternoon and
I'm on the town already





Expressionistic
 brick wall


On the last day of the year


Little boy blue
brave innocent
stands for the New Year
Old white grandpa
retiring to a bench
like the passing year



A lot of anxiety
along the fraught streets
near me


Did you know that the Potomac
was once scuttled (sunk)
and then was refloated,
like it be a symbol
of this Democracy



The donkey is ailing




Today I've refloated myself
over the Grand Avenue
Home to this stately redwood
which I notice regularly



It's a bustling trendy street
Some things trend
in regrettable directions
You heard,
 Boot and Shoe Service?


I think one should
get out the finery
on New Year's Eve


I've gone a tad Tartan
perhaps a Taddy Porter,
or a chewy McKewan's
Scotch ale?


By all means
wear whatever you think
looks cool


And it ain't no sin
to take of your skin
and dance around in your bones



I need a final secret ingredient
for my holiday victuals
so I'm come by the
hectic supermarket


Then continued a few blocks
over to the Morcam rose garden
a dearly-held respite


An enchanting grove
of adolescent Redwoods



Writhing oaks
not red creature on upper limb
a red squirrel perchance


O Rose of the world
we last but a short time
in our glory


Forget balloon drops
and confetti,
The sky at sunset is
enough celebration for me


The explosions
will commence
round about midnight



But first the clouds
become as roses
in front of my eyes









31 January 2017







No comments: