Wednesday, January 3, 2018

New Years Beach, Part I















Glowing planet



Air land and sea
sun and moon
all connected to my pad
by rails



The N Judah
 archetypal street car




He was lovely
from where Mongolia?
Tibet?

His first visit here
Pacific Oceanic
 at the last stop
we talked a little
He bid me
Happy New Year


San Francisco
home sweet home
of the expensive dump


A paved walkway along
Ocean Beach
Flowers and
the Marin headlands
culminating in Mount Tam


Same profile seen
from the shore
of actuality



Ready to go

I've had my Caligold
cannabis chocolate
for the "legalization"
holiday today



The power of the waves
makes itself known again
life's primal level





Then the sea
rolls out again
so far away


Mild here today
more pleasant than
a lot of our days
in Summer




Children frolic barefoot
on the edge of
 the bracingly cold surf


Always something of interest
absolute absence of ennui


Brave surfers head
into the crashing waves
I give them my blessing
every time


But I'm no  tourist
I go into the frigid water
mandatory on the
first day of the year







My poor foot
morphing back into
a polar bear paw



After a few hours
I'm a beach-comber
subject to an epic
imagination




1 January 2018






No comments: