Thursday, January 4, 2018

New Year's Beach, Part 3 Consolidation






















Transit
 substantiation









The sky
caramelized






I  came to an epiphany
then Iwas traveling through
pastel buildings






The metaphysical loneliness
of the Sunset district
at twilight




Then oddly
the MUNI train driver
announced we must exit
and wait for a following car
he was done for the day


In my aesthetisized state
every moments counts
must count



A story book window
Christmas
never goes out of style,
Multitudes are swept
by pre-Xmas commercial con
yet now is the poignancy
of the Yule








My unexpected foot traffic
led me to witness
all wonderous things

On the way in I added
a glorious Catholic church
I have passed by many times
to my fleeting goals in life
Now happenstance
 and a determined walk
up two hills puts it
directly on my path ahead



The beauty
of San Francisco





The transience of the world
held back a moment by faith




Doorway
of the Rectory





Do ye think
it is Irish?





A Wedgewoodesque vision
of the Communion of the Saints
for everyone's uplift





Regard the life of the holy


Portal of a sacred space



Attend Mass
and make sacred your own





Every moment in time
in a frieze
in eternity







Generations of San Franciscans
going in to Sunday Mass,
to receive the Sacraments,
to marriages and funerals
prayer and song





My formation imagined
for me in vivid California





Last shot
see the street car a-coming
People get ready






In short minutes
The Super moon
is rising to the East




To commemorate my last
encounter
in San Francisco




An androgynous
 perception
of sainthood





A Saint
miraculous
 crepuscular


Forgetting myself
I felt like another person
was there was me



How joyous our awakening
within the sorrows of life



The streetcar pours me toward
Civic Center
bemused by other tired children
Then the first BART train fast,
But I must transfer in West Oakland
where there the Supermoon
waits for no one







Behind my eyelids








The Super moon
 the train station
early New Year darkness
envelopes all the bay
deepening off the coast












1 January 2018














No comments: