Monday, November 17, 2014

Scratch Pad

The Flaneur is required to publish a certain amount of poetry each year by his Union.



Monsigneur Mongoose,
laze   mooch   layabout
dead pledge
mortgage in the Uplands

don't get too heady
don't get too manic 
a minute ago
you were depressed





***



fog-dissolved landscape
seen from a passing train window
never seen again



***




when I stand up straight
my back makes a sound
that says I'm
standing up straight



***



a long line of cars
leaving the cemetery
on veterans day




***







first time my heart stopped
it was a solar eclipse
light escaped undetected

the second time my heart stopped
a full eclipse of the harvest moon
up a creek without the paddles

other methods were employed





***


dark ferry landing
ghostly, as tall as a man
great egret fishing












October-November 2014

No comments: