Thursday, December 14, 2017

Winter Lights In Golden Gate Park







Tree-Lighting
7 December 2017


The annual event augented this year
by a fantastic light show
projected from within
the Conservatory of Flowers
And a Winter Carnival midway
through the pitch black
and chilly park



Where Haight Ashbury
meets the Park
Xmas fantasia abound


New Years babies
fill the void
left by the departed


All about the high life
for the affluent


Stanyon Street
and other sorrows
Tour buses still point out
hippie stragglers


The big trees
of Golden Gate Park
a storybook experience
every time



Actually down
with a sharp cold but
I don't want to stay home
and be all hang dog,
Events happen once










Tired of waiting




A fire truck showed up
with lights flashing
and Santa Claus got out







 I slid into the mid-way




Snow
in Golden Gate Park!




Santa's Little Helper
can't see me
outside his plastic tent












A strange classroom
under the night sky




 On to the Conservatory
of Flowers





I rested alone
sitting on a fallen tree
out behind it for a half hour



 A stage appeared out of the
cold darkness
of interstellar space








Just then the Conservatory
came to life
with accompanying ambient music
welling from the stage behind me
adding to the other-worldy effect







I had to get close

Like a Wedgewood figment
of my imagination









Moody blue
hallucinogenic
 threshold



A molten colored house
for the Flower Children
50 years after
the Summer of Love











I think I was peaking
right about now








The kids seem to revert
to an atavistic choreography
it got more and more unreal


I surrendered to the dream
and lost my ability
in the darkness
to capture anymore images





The tree is lit
what an installation
what an environment


Wow
I wish I had cannabis chocolate
for everyone








Santa hat High School band
a romantic scenario perhaps








Everybody is in
an altered state
of consciousness


A fast Fulton street bus
and I'm down at the Civic Center

Outside the Asian museum








An arresting visage indeed






The usual Taiko squad
to split your eardrums



A Blue Meanie Leviathan
eye candy in excelsis





City Hall certainly
had it's red white and blue
balls out too

Mayor Lee
we hardly knew ye




7 December 2017


No comments: