Wednesday, December 27, 2017

I Saw Three Ships Come Sailing In





























Oh what will be on Christmas day
On Christmas day on Christmas day
On Christmas day in the morning








1.
Morning Mass

 Road weary,
I ran into Santa
It was embarrassing
he had that thousand mile stare









What it's all about



Not stopping here today


Across the estuary


The priest was still speaking


But I was late for Communion


But the Nativity
which is on-going




Semitic queenly
an old seller of hashish
made good


Another Magus
was Nubian
but not we are told
a Son of Ham



Christ was born
more than 2000 years ago



Is still with us in
an every day miracle


The European looking King
naturally
I identify with him



Altar candle snuffer
a very inclusive parish
is this





Our Lady
approves





Outside a bevy of
Ethiopian women
one brought over to me a tray
of unleavened pita like bread
chewy and good,
It may have been a eucharist
from a separate communion




I went down by the head
of the Estuary
to continue my sacraments
Cannabis chocolate
 a few puffs for lift off
Shore birds and people
happy walking dogs


Then a festival of bell ringing
spread over the collective
peace and joy

When it ended I located myself
up here on the hillside
behind the church almost
even with the steeple



An thrilling discovery
of untrammeled
un-trashed and un-camped
land gone to nature
with no fence and no
no trespassing signs


Halleluia

It must be land
owned by the church,
Chester thought Jesuits
held the deed


I loved being here
if but for a moment
I needed a place
to take a leak with discretion
 in peace









A hidden library
so discovered
the dead sea scrolls
uncovered










I'm a cranky old lantern
myself these days
Gothic thoughts persist



I feel surrounded
by gargoyles


I still aspire
to holiness
come what may






Never cornered
always ultimately
free to join
the Communion of the saints



2.
Fairyland
Afternoon




Some Acme bread
extended my stay in the Park,
I had a date with pretty ballerina



So I slalom on down
the swollen pathway
to the land of the
evanescent




Home to the old
Black Tranny
who lives in a shie



That's fine
you can be proud here



Doesn't matter if you're
black or white
pink or purple



This is after all
FAIRYLAND



We stop for topiary dragons
Inspired Walt Disneyland,
Inspired Jeff Koons' Puppy




But alas
the gates are locked today
for peace and quiet on Christmas








The ghost train
to Fairyland Past
No one goes there any more


 
Here we go again...




Once upon a time

He's got his freak on
because it's Christmas
--no kids around


 Pollinator garden in winter
a hummingbird flew off
before I could catch him


Artificial butterflies
swung in the great oak tree
festooned with fairy lights


The orange lights are
thought to be
the fairies themselves







O Blessed day




3. Christmas
Night



My Christmas tree
at Solstice sunset






Coca Cola can
commemorating
The Great Anthropocene
Extinction Event



Preservation Village
warren of lawyers by day
deserted
 haunted by night







Digital corporate Christmas








At the ASK building





Metallic giant pine cones
are the theme this year

Entirely different from
what they had last year
I saw a truck unloading
corporate Xmas decorations
from another high-rise
two days later


Impressive
nevertheless







Outside it all
I saw the Moon
and I saw
Angel of Darkness










Ave Maria
ora pro nobis










25 December 2017




















No comments: