Saturday, December 30, 2017

eau de vie / refraction study










pre-ordained
by a strange chain of events
dropped the joint in some water
not for so long a time
I can even remember ever
a mighty fresh holiday joint

dried out it developed
an odd aftertaste
nevertheless it
still pulled the rabbit
out of my figurative
top hat


You notice the ages
in obituary pages










civilization runs out
empty calendar girl
pipe line unfinished
spewing a tidal wave
of regression
reduced to primordial ooze
tar pits skin tannery
tattooed beauty parlor
robotic empty bus goes by
obscure canned foods left
on tacky street corners
the unreal real
appears where it wasn't
no newspapers to stain
all the men in uniform


anyone who remembers
the meaning of anything
remind me



Empty new building
stole almost all my moonrise
the gelatinous moon



Lakeside Garden

alone a large loping butterfly
seems to follow me closely
no other butterflies around
today and the only one
is paying attention to me
never happened this way ever
when the garden is giddy
with their wings
I may have little ditsy young ones
tail after the color of my shirt
but never this long slow motion
dance trailing sunlight
until he fell away again
unseen


dream

something
behind the baseboards
food going astray
I hold over it
a dinner roll
it is snatched away
 a tawdry horror flick
then a blurry furry animal
leaps out behind my neck
away it goes
frightening others
















Concentrating on cirles
jitterbug jiggaboo
shake 'em on down
to the bottom of the blues
turn tabling
a tired tree
mesmerism voodoo


domestic woes
a panoply of dishpans
crashed down upon
my brow unprepared
we forgot about the turkey
and walked too far
we got sawdust on the floor
dogs had eaten the LP jackets
driven wild by the aroma
of the roasting dinosaur
and yet the records still played
Burning Spear and Link Wray
late of my old friend Jim Tate
some guy had twenty bump stocks
bumping into the Macy's parade
new species migrate through
the burning December
mining the darkness
over Bear's Ears
thousands to hold the ropes
on the hot air leviathan
jamming through
billionaires row
super luxury towers
too tall too late


digging the hole
on the ocean floor
I saw the door
in the sky

to find the ladder
the staircase
the escalator
the monorail
to reach the door
finiculi finicula

















December 2017





No comments: