Tuesday, August 22, 2017

The Pilgrim's Progress
















Last month
just after the coming
my new smart phone
a pilgrimage toward
peace and love


When did baseball
turn into warfare?



It's small, mean, profit-oriented
 world after all,
It ain't all Disneyland


But I don't worship
Mammon
It's merely a high-rise
optical illusion


1.
The Sacred



I take refuge
inside


In the house of
the Lord



All roads lead
me to kneel here
at His feet




People get ready
There's a train to Jordan



There's a green cloth
upon the altar



A meditation profound
in Jesus bound


Until He comes again
spacey organ music

Side trip
to the strange
side chapel



Contemporary
traditional
triptych



Occluded icon




Bardo icon



Empty baroque
 frame



The Faithful



A candle lit
in a human heart
no limit




Cabinet of the cruets and
True confessional
I'll roll right over
confess to all my sins
colorful and sad


Holy water



God's going to
trouble the water

Secular water


Salt water


When I think
I've had enough

He fills me up again


Deep peace
in the Palmatarium



I came upon
a bench
in the midst of life




Peace came
falling slow





Another little
man-made pond
of peace


We shook the sugar down
now party like it's 1984



That happened
and it was
declared wigged-out

A luscious time
but it's







2.
The Profane



So I put
the fragmented life
behind me
turn my back to it



I like to show the police
the bottoms of my feet

Dreamy
in repose


A little Bettie Boop
China doll
appeared to me
out of my subconscious
 an illusion of refraction



She grew up fast



Commencing a sexy dance
the seven veils
of Maya Love



Like the opening
of a Warner Brothers
cartoon

Sleepiness ensued



Enough to make me draw
the Venetian blinds



My sleeping bag
seduced me

 Hypnotized
if not narcotized
on top of
the sea of afgan




Warm enough for boxers
 flannel bed clothes
are out of season



Before I knew it
I was asleep













I dreamed I was reclining
in some foreign courtyard
looking up at the sky
 covered over
by a drifting
rippling veil




25-26 July 2017

No comments: