Wednesday, August 2, 2017

28 July Part One



















Almost always a stellar day in mid-summer
Birthday to Marcel Duchamp, Jackie Kennedy
and your RAYness
The Flaneur has an epic walk-about
Replete with art, history
and urban psycho-geography




RAY
all muscle
not bald



It started with a sunny tour
of 9th street
Chinatown




Cathedral style
of the vanished
Euro-Oakland



Now Chinese real estate


I'm headed to the Lake Merritt BART
to obtain my senior discount CLIPPER
by providing evidence of my age
via my new Senior State ID
 from the otherwise
notoriously parsimonious DMV

Onward


Entering the magic lantern


Come along



We'll leave breadcrumbs
to find our way out again



Free form blackboard
on the way in



A happy day with mainly kids




They watched me and dug my  tag
several wished me happy birthday




Courtyard of the clunky
sculptural eyesores
I jest





An esteemed symbol of old
originally Ban-the-bomb
then universal peace sign


Peace signs on earth
disappear


No justice
no peace
no unfair status quo





The course of history
pattern of darkness and light




I follows the money
as they say



The Gold Rush



Replica of a sluice
panic for gold


Dark as a dungeon
way down in a mine



narrow as a grave



A rough-cut life
leading to San Francisco
and Oakland





Provided you strike it rich



The original
Fool's Gold
Now accepting
Junk bonds
liar's loans
CDOs








Cool quiet and deserted
in the summertime
 forenoon


Petrified wood



 
That's what she said







Ideal for what I had in mind
Sardines a robust bread
 ice water and brandy
raisins



People trickled in
in a delightful scene of greenness
A one-year old walked by me
colorful threads and shades
Cutest thing in the world
I told her smiley Mom


There's that monstrous carp




He sees me




 
Have you got any food?



As menacing as a dog
wouldn't want to fall in





After eating and brandy
and the two puffs of top shelf
Drowsy shadows grow sensuous





Too much mirror in the bathroom
RAY means business today
his many lifetimes
 stretch out behind him




He thinks his way
into a theater of the future



Where all is dualistic
all light sources are doubled





Wrinkled and reflective
Bacterial life
thermal pods





Schools of fish swim by
overhead


 A strange overlord
emerges
the fish migrate
across his chest





Branches of seaweed
 scratch at the window



Volcanic visera
deep in the bowels
of earth







I find myself
elsewhere





On a distant shore



Stumbling over
Anthropomorhic
landscape based art




 
Travelling
I dream of an eternal return
familiar mystery








Chamber of
ectoplasmic photography






Massive artifacts
of wealth and power
inherent ugliness
grandiose kitsch





Mountains and rivers
without end




Codex



Most political art here today
seems to deal with race





White people ain't all bad
that's a surfboard






 Hard to convince some people of that



The Black woman
(who thinks she)
is God





Meret Oppenheim
primordial soup bowl
campy erotica









Time to rattle me bones
and move on










Stay in touch
Part Two:

late afternoon and evening
was even groovier


28 July 2017



No comments: