Saturday, October 21, 2017

Ambulatory Autumn, Part the First











Grandiosity
Altar of the Great Pumpkin
before whom all else
is small

Mining a distinct vein
of October in California
A genuflection to the
Pumpkin apotheosis
at the Berkeley Bowl,
Following along ley lines
to examine College Avenue
in it's Oakland incarnation
with a side tip
to a tributary or two

Adam
the first man
 created by man





Excuse me,
can I take your picture?

Pardon me,
did you request...





A photograph?
a




Why certainly,
It's what I'm here for




Just one thing
please don't allow
that insane clown Bozo
to be in the picture


So poignant a commodity,
flowers sell well here
even with the abundant gardens



The Ginger Witch
of the Elmwood-
Rockridge



With her conjuring mirror



With her swan-necked squash



With her spirit parasol



With her grinding stone,
yin yang
you're my thang


They say she put a spell
on the lady in the next stall
 to blemish her mini-pumpkins



The better to sell her own
bizarre gourds,
many say they are hexed



Gun car

A closed-up shop

Still wearing
Andy Warhol drag








It so happens
I have a date myself tonight
We met on-line
says she's a widow
 loves film noir







Hello,
I'm here anybody home?

Come on in,
I'm in the back here


way back here






please
come in
don't be shy



I apologize
but I just remembered
something urgent








Think I'll take my chances with


 the Ginger Witch




12 October 2017









No comments: