Friday, June 23, 2017

On the Prowl







Hot or cold
I'm snug
under my lamp


My non-redneck neck
of the concrete jungle
Join me in my curiosity shop


Voodoo Ranger







Shrouded in commerce
and construction



White picket fences
hop-scotch and
lemonade stands



Chased by a Voodoo Ranger


 
Can't stop the carrots
carotene helps you see
them coming up
and going down





Clouds doing their job
cooling
 the Port of Oakland









A sweet new Irish spot
on lowest Broadway
photo of Oscar Wilde
that sort of place


Slainte
a bottom's up
blessing from Eire



Look for ward to a visit
someday soon,
join me






A grid-map
to remind me
it's again precisely
that time of year






 Get me off my velvet throne
and out walking





Ye Olde Curiosity Shop
when I pass it by
after twilight descends
I get a sensation
that someone is watching
from within






 Ship window
in an office arcade
social well-being and
public defense





A nice feeling
in the dry garden
sidewalk







Bullshit artists
post styrofoam
dialectics
in serial form



Local critics obliterated
each and every one






 Shout out to Seymour!
We need more
near-sighted cannoneers
like him today






He's still around
making the scene


Such as it is,
An insufferable elitist
next door is attempting
to snuff out the
Opera house







Time to return
to my rocking chair
and my classical radio,
to a jar of brandy
and a big fatty






May-June 2017












No comments: