Saturday, June 3, 2017

Crab Cove Cook-Out













To finish up our Memorial Weekend
a visit the previous week
before the crowds showed-up


Completely clamped between
two several-ton boulders
it could not be pried loose
Did the boulders move
 in the wild winter storm surf?
I think not, the wood is balsa-like
spongy when wet and no doubt
hurled into a crevice where
it expanded when it dried






 I'd be remiss not to mention
that the wood looked a lot
like a human bone



Be here now
all over again









Everything
is extra-alive
lubrious and slippery


Fractal moss on a rock




The rocks are sheltered from the wind
and the sun is May-time hot




Fortunately I toted
my custom parasol



Because it's hot on the rocks



I relocated to the shade






I can easily understand
irrational flower celebration
these were picked by someone
and left strewn on  a picnic table
and a sloping tree
to dry out in the sun







 
Spare the air day or not
I decided to entertain myself
with a small fire



Naturally logs ignite
and go out agaun



But where there's smoke...




 
there's fire






What's with all the young cats
with sharp anachronistic haircuts
and huge hillbilly beards?

















I would never patronize
a barber so petty and mean as to
glue a quarter to the pavement
outside his entrance











Brought the flowers home
put them in a large beer mug


In demi-sleep
my mind was
forming a mosaic
out of memory
 fragments




23 May 2017

No comments: