Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Saint Stephen - Live Dead




















On St Stephen's day
the cold wave frozen in place
I retreated to Mountain View cemetery
for my outdoor hiking fun
out of the winds prevalent Bayside











Wasn't that a type of LSD?




Chapel of the Chimes
Did I mention it was Xmas?



I saw the skeleton of a dog



The Garden of Eternity
the Hebrew cemetery
Eerie alone there
never see visitors




But folks do visit
evidenced by the ancient
custom of leaving
a stone behind



Through another gate



An exuberant fountain
lit by the sun
charmingly pale today




The proto martyr himself
shedding relics




Into the main ring





The office looks festive
Bring us you Loved One



Let's take a spin
on its spiraling roads





I sheered clear
of the heights
For the warm pockets
of the foothills




I walked through a mausoleum
a moment's respite from the chilly air

When I looked back
I saw that the opposite door was open
 I was sure that I closed it

When I returned inside
I thought  heard whispering voices


Why hurry off?
they seem to say


You can stay here with us
as long as you like


Into the bright sunlight
I burst



I'm in the market for
a detached post-mortem
residence thank you 



And I don't want to end up
underwater on the mortgage




There is plenty here
to choose from




A parliament of ghosts

The obscure object
of desire
carved in marble



Some curse their lives
while the dead envy them
their bodies 



More like what I had in mind
built like a brick out house




I'm getting warmer



Sphinx guard my
fleeting Valhalla
of the hillside


My courtyard
for the nonce


Forever in disrepair
or until the Rapture
or urban renewal
whichever comes first


My picnic and contemplation spot
A bird drinks from the urn
the only other utility left
for this grandiose remembrance
of some person wealthy and vain
utterly forgotten on the face of the earth





A transporting edifice indeed




A look inside
100 years before Pop





Prime surreal estate
for the sur-rational
poet in me




Monumental
Celtic cross






Rolling through the headstones
through Oakland
across the bay
Mighty San Francisco
evanesces and reappears





Another intricate
ethnic cross design
Not Celtic
Levantine or something




That dead dog again



The glory of Solstice time



Home for good things to eat
brandy and cannabis treats
the sky seemed to be on loan
from another world







December 22, 26 2016





Psychedelic animation



No comments: