Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Houses of Worship on Automobile Row

Unsustainable cultures leave interesting remnants. Please allow the Flaneur to pump you a few.



My Terraplane came to a halt
at a rooftop parking-lot





Did I just see Kim Novak go by?
 Was that Herrmann's obsessional score
from a passing car?






 Excuse me but,
 I am the door





The circular building across the street
was Biff's coffeeshop-- a Googie survival
  from an age of widespread prosperity






House of worship on Broadway Auto Row






 I neglected to note its denomination
Looks Anglican to me





 I pondered nailing up some theses
Or perhaps, like the poet Arthur Rimbaud,
I could just leave a note






The secular altar






A former synagogue
Refects a former way of life





 Eschatological Reliquary






Come on up to the house



















June 2014

No comments: