Monday, July 9, 2018

Wonderland of Summertime








To be alive is great
in Two-thousand ten and eight
 
 
 
Soccer mural
on Telegraph sports bar
 
 
 
 
Vee Vee's
Hair Gallery
 
 

 
The decorative ruins of Auto Row
 

 
Along my route
an old corner store
I used to stop in

 
Candy man
been here and gone
 
 
 
My rolling skills
applied to the potent
Sapphire

 
Jackson Pollock
jaw-breakers
 
 
 
 Leaving my pad
Saturday afternoon
 
 
 
Altocumulus clouds
the Weatherman informs me
 

 
The Brazil Meadow,
Tilden Park, Berkeley
Optimal air temperature
on the edge of the shade
I roll into and out of
as needed

 
To the East
trees tower over,
Five miles in that direction
and the big heat sets in
all the way to the Atlantic

 
I stand alone
a few hikers around

 
Many an hour spent here
Lie in the grass, smoke,
picnic, yoga
look at the moving trees
 
 
I took the 67 bus
on a bum steer,
sour-faced Asian man my age,
So I had to walk down to this
Alpine plateau in sandals
Yes that's my tired dogs
but it was all down-hill
exercise and adventure
 

 
There was some sort of small
wedding reception going on
in the Brazil Room
Black-clad African man and
White woman in a wispy gown
the happy couple?
 
 
 
The magnificent meadow
time passes in a healing way
 
 
 
 
Night is slow in coming
the plump evening star
almost too distant for my lens
 

No comments: