Saturday, July 7, 2018

Independence Day and Environs






 
From Berkeley to Oakland
my wiggy circuit
never fails to provide
side-show and fireworks




 
A brilliant tree
towers over
the gate of eyes
outside the library
in Berkeley
 


 
Cloud face on Jupiter




 
X
The Man with X-Ray eyes




 
DEVO salutes Oakland
last stage Saturday
Mosswood Park
the Burger Boogaloo

 

 

 
Moonshine Devolution
marches on
Good-bye to all that




 
 
Sapphire
hybrid 27 % THC
 
 
Not without a lot of snags
Cannabis is legal
for the masses at last
 
 

 
RAY re-photos
 phantasmagoric photographs
 
 
At Berkeley Art Museum

 
Flying all the time
 

 
Sumi ink abstraction
the mind inquires after form



 
Light box rock

 
Ella Guru
 

 
DEVO
 salutes from the
newspaper rack

 
 
Drive-by journalism


 He has a huge Wizard head
in the back

 
Peering out of portholes
at the egregious traffic



 
With the exhortation to
RESIST!



 

 
The authoritarian
Big Cheeto-puss
long in senility
 

 
Seen amid
the "resistance"
the opposition party



 
A stand-alone sandwich board,
someone had knocked it over,
 I set it back up
out of fairness
 
 
 
 
I retired to Bongo burger
for a fresh carrot juice
to ponder everything
 
 
And homeward
drive-by captures
on the salty Telegraph bus
 
 


 
Big scene this weekend
John Waters intros
 DEVO's last live show...
foreversville?
 
 
 
I promised me
a Rose garden
 
 
And I intend to have it
until I'm planted myself


 
My life form will feed plants
and feed worms
in a blessed cycle



 
Hey baby
It's the Fourth of July
Baby take a walk outside

 
Buoy my spirit up
with inflatable flags
I'm stocking up on stick matches
as long as Cannabis is go



 
 
Quite courtyard
outside my bathroom
New building
as yet uninhabited
They'll have clouds and gulls too
but not like mine
 
 
Late nightfall
the sky hurls past
slowly
 
 
 
Night flight take-off
 
 
 
No pyrotechnics
were visible,
just three hours
of constant explosions
 


 
The Moon
so constant
so self-contained
 
 
 
 
 
 
June-July 2018
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: