Thursday, February 15, 2018

Mid-February Quiddity








If you're feeling sinister







Girl on the bus






A Flaneur is always
out and about





Hank
at the Rockridge library






Euphoric shoots
of impending Spring

 
Strange pod clusters
appear rapidly
 


Doesn't he have
a high IQ






Multitudes park on the estuary
never get cold






An earthen labyrinth







 Heard singing so I went
into St Paul's Episcopal
A deacon was being installed
Gospel story told
about apostles competing
status seeking and
holiness don't mix



The preacher
seemed histrionic
with rather mundane insights,
I didn't last long






Young black man
driving a new corvette
somehow more authentic


Even the very coolest
do get annuated




 Always something there
to remind me




Psychedelic
 Project XO






Stay high
all the time








Back on the estuary
library was closed
due to Lincoln's birthday




My little darling diving bird
never lets me get too close




Lake Merritt's motto


Many of us are aware
that this is not a chalet,
it's not a lake either



A boathouse restaurant


A green building
as is appropo


Clouds were like
frisky dogs


Monumental kitsch



Scottish Rite Temple


It's the reformed branch,
the old Scottish Rite
involved the flesh
 of one's enemy
baked in a meat pie


I've been inside
myself
but I didn't sample
the haggis




I'm much more content
to be outdoors with
the ultra-yellow flowers



A waterside manse
across the boulevard


Haunted they say
ghastly acts
in the master bedroom
the whole nine yards



Fat Tuesday
is on its way





The holy season of Lent

















10-14 February 2018







No comments: