Saturday, May 20, 2017

A Day on the Bay in May with Ray










Through the looking-glass porthole






It is necessary to travel
Widen the area of consciousness
Escape to San Francisco's waterfront




The new Bay Bridge
The old Eastern span gone at last
Commorants nest on the new one









The WIllie Brown bridge





Don't call it Frisco
San Franciscy
rhymes with whiskey




Bloat pig cruise ships
now dock here
Makes the city seem slutty



Onward
for some serious sailing





Oil on water



Ride the turbulence



It's an expanding
universe


A marine mammal's life
can be a lonely lot



But it needn't be



Our harbor seals
are a highly
social animal



Find your crowd
get in where
you fit in


Whatever you choose
freak freely



Look familiar?



A vintage Italian
street car awaits
but I'm a walker



Park you hogs
and work your dogs



A wooden propeller
I think it was from
a Viking shi



Here it is
a beloved National Park
for endangered species



A lot goes on here
small boats are built

First a brief visit
to the visitor center



Lighthouse of the Future



The entire universe
is flashing
off and on



Reminds me of
a quantum clockwork owl
I met on one of my plunges
into inter-dimentionality




Haunting my usual haunts





The Hyde Street Pier



Surrealist object:
Wooden Anchor
Meret Oppenheim, I think



Tall ships
looking fine


The Thayer
refurbished from the bottom
to the top
Le Bateau Noir



A sweet little boy urged
 his Mom down to the water
dipped his toe, shrieked, and ran
I casually walked down and stood
in the surf up to my knees,
I looked over and he was watching me,
Smiles stretched across the beach



The towering
Golden Gate bridge
the Pacific ocean







Three hours after leaving my freezer
still has a shard of ice
oddly shaped and even
resembling perfectly
a fish




Things started to seem
a little distant


Sunlight and motion
sleepiness ensues



I dreamt I was on another
deserted streetcar
not even a driver
I sat down and it started to move
I suppose their like MUNI trains now
they no longer need a driver



Fortunately I awoke again
before my ferry left
Didn't want to have to
spend a night on Alcatraz





Time to get my
tramp steamer afloat




Warm affection for all
the friendly faces I saw









Back through the porthole
into the mirror world

19 May 2017



No comments: