Saturday, March 10, 2018

Friday Afternoon in My Universe







 
 

Moving water
summons peace
a mild savior


Friday Afternoon
and I'm aflame and afoot
A pleasant errand
and happy solitude
in Morcam Rose garden




A picturesque
part of town

 
Supermarket chain
huge lottery signs
suspended over
the cashiers




The rich never buy
lottery tickets
a poor sap's game
 
I'm hear on a mission
to obtain suitable
wood kitchen matches
strike on the box
 
Always a momentary kick
letting oneself get
lost in the supermarket 
 


 
The road to St Patrick's
 enveloped in gold foil
 
All the catholic holidays
denuded of religion
and sold to us
as gaudy cartoons

 
But it was syncretic
with a pagan animistic
celebration of Spring
so I don't cluck my tongue
at children's joy
merely at consumerism
 

 
See you later
Plutocrat
No dice
to your game



 
Out of doors
the world is somewhat
more agreeable to me




 
Neighborhood fantasies
 dog-walkers real estate
lime green tuxedo jackets
cardboard where someone slept




Here we are now


Old sidewalk
inclining upward


Tools at the
Hardware store


Found a little
rock and roll doll


Yessiree






The rose bushes
are all cut
 back
awaiting Easter

Thankful indeed
for places like these




We are climbing
up into the canopy
to sit a spell

Smoke the tail end
of a fatty
rolled out of
OG Butter
heavy hybrid
of euphoria and
 blessed pain management



A squirrel
 (at bottom)
bum-rushed my shot




Entheogenic
redwood grove


Over to Lakeside
on another errand


 
My leg in black jeans
waiting for another bus
across from the estuary
 
Provisions sought
and bought
at the natural food
emporium
owned by the world's
richest American




The Lottery won't leave folks
 vanities, fantasies 
born of desperation






A prayer for peace
and healing
to weary to go inside
but He can hear
me from here

 

And when I think
I've had my fill
He fills me up again


9 March 2018







No comments: