Saturday, November 25, 2017

Train to Thanksgiving










I re-enact the inception of a journey
under taken this time of year
twelve years ago








1.
Estimated time of
Arrival



The quixotic vacant lot
in over-crowded Chinatown
survives another year


The haunted
Oakland Portal


 Chinese Rocks



No one goes there
no one will come here
at night


I met my girl
by the factory wall


Dirty old town
dirty old town

Here's Mr. Padlock



I see him
all over town


Condo conversion
anyone?


Wouldn't mind
 calling it home



Hang a prismatic crystal
in the window, Mother


Victorian factory from
"the good old days"

Smoked Meats

The Platonic
original sign


Subsequent iteration

Smoked Pork
fast going in

Slow coming out


Clog your drainpipe
if you're not careful



Sandwich shop
featuring smoked meat
on white bread



Psychedelic paranoia



Jack London Square
Amtrak statio0n




2.
Waiting on a Train


Mock classical
lost train stations sugest
an endless journey





All of us await
our time of departure





 Anticipation builds




All aboard







People going places
for the holiday







Ta ta
I'm staying put





A toast to all
who travek








San Francisco
and the Port of Oakland


 evanescent in November




Wavy lines
of projection







When the train
come in the station
I looked her in the eye







Soon all will be covered
a continuous billboard
of capitalist escapism












I answer to my own
call of the wild



Then I go home
for tea time


New mural near 8th street
the caffeine of the actual
abstract expressionism
uncommon



22 November 2017





No comments: